Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the wiki and the game.
What is Tales of the Rays?
Tales of the Rays is a mobile game in the Tales of Series developed and published by Bandai Namco Games for IOS and Android. The game used the Advanced Flick-LMBS.
How far is WW behind the JP version?
Approximatively 5 months (JP: 02/28/2017 and WW: 07/23/2017).
Where can I download the game?
You might find it in the Appstore or Google Play by typing "Tales of the Rays".
Is the game pay-to-win?
For the moment, no. The battle system highly depends on your skills and not on what you will get in the banner.
Is it possible to play to the JP version?
Of course. For Android, you can try to download the APK by searching on Google. For iOS, you have to create a JP Apple account to play the JP version.
What are basic commands to know?
- Autoplay: Tap the button on the top left of the screen (works separately on the map and during a fight). Adjustable from Option, whether ON/OFF from the start, or to save the config (Example: if you want to autoplay the map but want to do the fight manually).
- Moving on the map: Use the left part of your screen.
- Attack: Tap the right part of your screen.
- Use arte: Slide the right part of your screen.
- Guard: Don't move (or touch your screen).
- Play another character during fight/quest: Pause (top right button), tap the character you want to play, and tap "Make Leader"
- Change focus: Tap the button under the Pause button.
- Use a Mirrage arte: Slide up on the character when your Mirrage Gauge is full.
What is the reset time for WW version?
There are 2 update times:
- 12 am (PST), 7 am (UTC): daily dungeon / daily missions
- 4 am (PST), 11 am (UTC): daily log-in bonus
What is "Just"?
If you cast your next arte with a very good timing, you will be an extra MG points to fill your MG faster. The timing is something you have to figure out; it's different for every character and every arte and there aren't really any visual cues.
What's the AP limit/regen rate?
Currently the max AP is 108 + 1 AP orb, and the regen rate is 3 minutes for 1 AP.
How do you get AP orbs?
You can get AP orbs from story scenarios (not events) and Story sub-scenarios (available under Menu->Story Logs).
What is the dungeon rotation?
- Monday (): Chiral Crystal Slash / Anima Orb Bash / Dark Material
- Tuesday (): Chiral Crystal Shot / Anima Orb Spell / Fire Material
- Wednesday (): Chiral Crystal Spell / Anima Orb Shot / Water Material
- Thursday (): Chiral Crystal Bash / Anima Orb Slash / Wind Material
- Friday (): Chiral Crystal Slash-Bash / Anima Orb Spell-Shot / Light Material
- Saturday (): Chiral Crystal Spell-Shot / Anima Orb Slash-Bash / Earth Material
- Sunday (): Chiral Crystal Random / Anima Orb Random / Null Material
How does autoplay work?
The new autoplay will be either ON or OFF in the stage (battle and map are distincts). When autoplay is ON:
- Map autoplay:
- Your character will move according to yellow arrow (directly to the boss). If monsters or chests aren't in the way, it will be ignored.
- Your character may don't move after a fight. You need to tap or do a slight movement on the screen to reactivate autoplay.
- Battle autoplay:
- The character will play according to the strategy you set up.
- They can guard automatically.
- If you control the character with autoplay set to ON, you cannot manually guard.
- To both (map/fight):
- You can control your character movement at any time (to take a chest, fight another enemy, use another artes, move where you want). Autoplay will automatically be reactivated when your finger doesn't touch the screen.
- You can set to ON, OFF, or use the setting from the previous fight by using the "Option"
How do you recruit characters?
They are recruitable in three ways:
- through story chapters
- through events
- by pulling a character’s gacha mirrage arte (before encountering them in a story chapter or event)
Who’s out in the game right now?
Besides original characters Ix and Mileena, there have been 19 story characters (all of Arc 1), 30 event characters (through #18 THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage Crossover, and Zelos (the first and so far only character not to be released in a chapter nor event) released in WW. Characters released starting with main story Arc 2 or event #19 (It's New Year's! - Brave Vesperia) are JP only.
How to get and use Overray?
Overray is a feature which boosts Ix and is unlocked after clearing chapter 6.
To use Overray: In the character selection screen, on Ix's profile, there's a small mirror which will indicate how many Overray charges are available (max 4). Enable/disable Overray by tapping on the mirror. You get another Overray charge after 6 hours of cooldown.
What’s the max level/stats for x character?
The default max level is 50 with the ability to use a character-specific item to level up beyond that (see Nexus Shards below).
You can check out each individual’s stat growth by accessing their respective page on this Wikia. Each page also shows how much exp they need to get to each level, though it’s the same for all characters.
- Spirrogem: Gives you 2,000 exp. You can only use it from level 1 and 29 (over level 29, your Spirrogem is wasted).
- Spirro Crystal: Gives you 25,000 exp. You can only use it between level 30 and level 49 (over level 49, your Spirro Crystal is wasted).
What are Nexus Shards?
Items to raise the level cap of your characters to 60. To limit boost, you need to go to "Enhance", select a character, then select "Character limit boost" (the top middle option).
- Nexus shards are character-specific, so an Ix Nexus Shard can't be used on Mileena.
- Your character needs to be level 50 before using the Nexus shard.
JP has further increased the max level to 70.
How do you get weapons?
You can pull them from banners, from the friend point banner or by dropping them in quest.
Is there any point to 1★ and 2★ weapons?
You can use them for extra stat boosts if you don’t have other spare weapons, but once you do, you can just sell those to get Prisms (and Gald).
Should I level 3★ weapons?
Yes (at least some of them). Some of them can have better artes than some 4★, so don't ignore them.
Tip: If a character is not in your current party, give their weapons to someone you’re using. They can’t use the arte (and won´t get "Bonus Drops" for events), but they’ll still get the stat boost.
Should I level a duplicate or limit boost it?
Limit boosting it is a good idea, and follow the above tip if you have extra slots and need more stats so that you can save gald and crystals. But that’s up to you.
What does arte enhancement / weapon enhancement do?
If you look on the second tab of the weapon summary, you’ll see a list of five enhancements you can add to the weapon. Some increase damage, others stagger time, or healing effect, or status infliction, etc. They’re very useful and can often make difficult stages much easier.
Do enhancements affect only the upgraded weapon, or other artes?
They only effect the upgraded weapon/arte.
Where do I find the materials for upgrades?
Your best bet for the Slash, Bash, etc. Anima Orbs would be the weekly quests. As for elements, you can farm them from the story stages, but it’s easiest to farm them from the events. For example, Sweetopia Ruins & Cake of the Gods event will tend to drop Water Materials and Earth Materials, so it’s a good time to stock up on those. There’s no best story stage to grind for materials, but you can check out the individual pages of the materials on the wikia for stages they’ve been noted to drop. Reddit user kungfuchan13 also compiled a list of their own experience.
What are events?
Events are the second way characters are introduced into the game, the first being through regular story chapters. You will be able to get maxed out event 4 star and singular 3 star weapons for the event characters as well as a free mirrage, which is similar to the free mirrages you get from clearing the story chapters.
The new event format will let you get item from a Trading Shop. Event currency will be obtainable in the event and will be removed after the event ends.
By clearing some special stages, you'll get points which will be converted into reward each time you reach the threshold to get the reward. This kind of event is usually combined with a community challenge to get more rewards!
Events come with a summoning pool that has increased rates for the event characters’ and characters from their own game’s weapons and mirrages. For example, the Mikleo and Edna event will have a banner with increased rates for Mikleo, Edna, and Sorey’s gear. Of course, it’s still possible to pull gear for the other existing characters, but conversely, event characters’ gear can’t be pulled from normal banners.
So I can’t get (event character)’s mirrage or weapons after the event is over?
Sometimes they will rerun an event banner and not the event, and if you missed the event character you can recruit them if you can pull their mirrage. Still, if you really want an event character’s gear, it’s best to pull when you can since these can’t really be predicted.
How do you get the 4 star weapons?
For the first events, they were rewards and drops from the event stages. They have a low drop rate, so you’re meant to grind the stage until you get the remaining number you need after getting the ones from missions, or more if you want to get another copy for stats. To get a fully limit broken weapon, you need 5 copies total.
You’ll find event missions under the “event” tab, most of which reward mirrogems. They mostly ask to complete the event stages, but there are also missions to complete the last stages of the event 5, 15, and 25 times. These are the stages you’re supposed to grind for the weapon drops as well.
What is the rate?
We don't have rate for WW version. The JP version rate:
- 3: 80%
- 4: 15%
- Mirrage: 5%
Should I do only 1 pull or only x10 pulls?
The rate should pretty much be the same between the 1 pull and the 10 pulls. But you can get 220 Prisms if you do x10 pulls, so it's preferable to only do x10 pulls (unless there is a discount on 1 pull).
Are there limited-time banners?
Yes, it's generally Event banners. Weapons/Mirrage from characters you can get in chapters will be added in the permanent pool.
Any tier list for the game?
Well, the game is somewhat pretty special because the rarity doesn't influence a lot, but it's more the arte animation, and passives. Here is what I think really strong in the game:
- Dash Arte weapons: Very useful to avoid any attacks from enemies. Really simple but very effective!
- Heal Arte weapons (especially AoE): Early game, it's not that useful, but as and when monsters will be stronger, it will for sure be super useful
- Iron Stance breaking passive weapons: It is pretty annoying when enemies still can attack when you focus them. If you have an Iron Stance breaking passive, you will be able to break down that faster!
- Multi-hit Arte weapons: With an Iron Stance passive, you will be able to destroy enemies' Iron Stance with only a few hit. Even without that passive, a full combo will probably destroy ennemies' Iron Stance.
- Healing passive weapon: You might not heal a lot, but you let enough time for your healers to heal you! Especially OP with a Dash Arte weapon.
- Shot Arte: If you are in a bad situation (basically if all you allies died, and you are alone against the boss), shot Arte can be pretty useful! :)
Most of the weapons with those features exist in 3* (for example: Dash animation = Yuri's Ghost Wolf or Ix's Rising Falcon). You won't get a lot of stats, but it's ok if you can clear contents! :)
Is it recommended to reroll?
In this game, not really. Getting the rarest item in the banner (Mirrage) won't necessarily help you a lot to clear content unless you have to right character, and maxed it a bit.
How to reroll?
iOS: Unfortunately, we don't have any good tutorial to reroll.
I've got a Mirrage, but it's not Ix or Mileena. Should I reroll?
It's up to you. Mirrages are, except the animation, pretty similar in term of damage. Ix and Mileena's Mirrage are pretty good because you can use them in every stage, but later, other Mirrage will be stronger!
So I've got no Mirrage, only weapons. Should I reroll?
It's up to you. Mirrage artes are generally used when you want to:
- Cancel an attack
- Do a final blow
- Increase your Mirrage Ratio (MR) for missions
- Heal (if you set the right Mirrage)
In addition, you have to fill your Mirrage Gauge (MG) to use them, so generally, you will be able to use only once your Mirrage arte.
A normal arte, you will be able to use them immediately. Some of them can also be super powerful (ie. Craltia can heal Ix and make a dash to avoid an attack!).
When should I reroll, then?
In this game? You don't need so. As long as you know how to guard, enhance your weapons, XP your characters, nothing can stop you. It's fine to just use what you get.
How to save data?
- On the welcome page, tap on "Transfer", and choose the account you want to use to bind your account.
- If you tap instinctively the screen, the game will ask you to bind your account, and tap on "Assign" to choose.
- If you refused instinctively: "Menu" => "Transfer Settings".
- If you choose:
- Facebook: Just log in and bind it.
- Bandai Namco ID: Start to register with a PC on the Bandai Namco ID website (https://www.bandainamcoid.com/v2/oauth2/signup). And start to bind it in the game.
How to recover my account?
- Your game should be newly installed (no existing data should be present, clear data/uninstall otherwise).
- The second popup will ask you if you want to transfer your account or start a new game.
- Tap on "Data Transfer".
- Enter your Facebook or Bandai Namco ID account.
Info: When the transfer is done, you won't be able to play with your account on your old device. You have to clear the data and do the recover again.
Info 2: Transfer from iOS to Android (or Android to iOS) will remove all your Mirrogems. Please use them before!
My game is crashing, how to fix it?
- Try to restart the game.
- Clear the cache, restart the game.
- If it doesn't work, clear the data, restart the game.
- On iOS, ignore this step.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Ask to the Bandai Namco Support for help (Android / iOS). You have to switch your language to English to see it.
Does the game drain a lot of battery?
It depends on your device. If you feel it drains a lot, try to use the "Energy" mode. If it doesn't help, you might have to change phone or play the game on an emulator.
Does the game take a lot of space?
It could if you choose the "DL All" option. Otherwise, it only downloads what you need to play the game.
Does the game use a lot of mobile data?
Not really if you choose the "DL All" option. If you take the "Don't DL" option, it might take a lot (you will download assets as and when you progress in the game).
Why do I see JP contents?
The Wiki aims to help both JP and WW players. That's why you can find JP contents.
Can I help you?
Yes, of course! It's highly recommended to read the Manual of Style before starting to editing a page.